Sunday 30 November 2014

Idlewild's Christmas Countdown

First of all, it is story day! You can find my story Hunter and Wolf by clicking here or checking out the Short Story link to the right. It's a bit more philosophical musing than narrative... but I sort of like it. It's about respecting death in order to respect life, about violence and about human nature. I might go back and do some extra editing eventually and then repost it, but we're having some troubling baby sleep problems right now and it's not the time. As always, feel free to comment on anything I write.

Anyway... 

Only 25 days left until Christmas... I know someone who's excited.

Tomorrow is the first day of December and I'm going to be starting something a little different. I will be counting down the days until Christmas with a new book recommendation each day! 

Every day until December 25th I will recommend a book. The books will be varied. There will be novels, comics, short stories and manga. There will be books for everyone aged 0 - 127. There will be different genres. Though many of these books may be well known, my goal is to suggest less popular alternatives to exceptionally popular works like Harry Potter, Twilight, The Fault in Our Stars (anything given the Hollywood treatment) as well as to revive some classics and bring attention to more alternative storytelling formats like comics and manga.

There will be a list to the right for an at-a-glance look at the recommendation for each day. There is no significance to the order except that I've tried to spread out similar genres or formats throughout the month.

So check in when you can and feel free to comment if you've read a book, if you're interested in reading it,  or even if you have your own recommendations. If you're looking for a good read, hopefully you'll find something you're interested in. Or maybe it will help you choose a gift for that special someone. My hope is that maybe you'll even try something new!

*For friends and family who are now thinking "A post a day, is she crazy!?"... almost of the posts are already written and will be updated automatically. So I'm actually getting a break this December. No worries!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Amy. Hoping I get some time to read in December , that would be so cool :)

    ReplyDelete